Wednesday, January 29, 2014

ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

I was trying to pull data from AS400s’ DB2 database from a SQL Server Analysis Services project. Once I run my SSAS project, I was getting this error “ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application”. But to my surprise from my ADO.NET Source, when I previewed my query I was getting data as expected.

My DSN was 32-bit and I was using 32-bit BIDS in my 64-bit computer.

Picture1
Project Properties Window
Since data is retrieved when I click on Preview inside my ADO.NET Source, I was sure there is nothing wrong in the DSN. So there should be something wrong with the project. Went to project Properties and under “Debugging” changed “Run64BitRuntime” to false.

No more errors and it was perfectly working.

Happy Coding.

Regards,
Jaliya

1 comment:

  1. I would say THX... Have you ads to click? :)

    ReplyDelete